AITP Chicago Named Region 5 Outstanding Chapter for 2014
By Dick Boenisch, Region 5 ROCA Committee Chair
Region 5 had five chapters that qualified for the Chapter Outstanding Performance Award (COPA); Capitol, Chicago, Northeastern Wisconsin, St Louis and Twin City. These Chapters demonstrated performance in all six areas being evaluated: Association support, Region support, support of future generations, local community involvement, business community involvement, and efforts in developing their chapter. The selection this year was very challenging again this year because several of the chapters demonstrated excellence in all six areas.
This year’s Region Outstanding Chapter Award (ROCA) recipient is Chicago. Some of the 2014 accomplishments that made them stand out are:
- Strong efforts to enhance and grow their chapter.
- The number of members participating in chapter committees and special interest groups.
- Promotion of AITP to other professional groups and CIO’s in the Chicago area.
- Hosting the Fall Region Meeting and Leadership Workshop.
- Support for and involvement with student chapters and education organizations.
- Involvement in many community organizations and business activities.
Congratulations to 2014 Chicago Chapter President Gary Czubak, Paul Koziel who documented the accomplishments, the Board of Directors and the entire chapter membership.
The Chicago Chapter now joins the other Region ROCA winners to compete for the Association Outstanding Chapter Award (AOCA) to be awarded later this year.
The selection committee consisted of Bill Riter (West Michigan Chapter), Nick Sondelski (Wisconsin River Valley Chapter) and Dick Boenisch (Sheboygan Chapter – chairman).