CIOs, Directors, Managers! – AITP Now Provides Cost Effective Education & Benefits for Your Teams – Look at the Array of Benefits CompTIA has added for AITP Members
TRAINING & SKILLS DEVELOPMENT – Insights & Tools (members only)
- Business Skill Training from Lynda.com – Sharpen your skills, excel at work: Work smarter, not harder. Master your professional skills with on-demand, on-the-go training in your own time from Lynda.com. Learn how to lead technical teams, brush up on your communication skills and improve yourself overall with our exclusive collection of more than 1200 business-related courses and personalized playlists.
- On-Demand, On-the-Go Training
- Expert Advice
- Master Classes
- Wide Range of Topics
- Self Promotion Tools
- IT Research – Boost your performance and grow your career: Explore and understand emerging IT trends. As a CompTIA AITP member, download technology research reports, industry trends and predictive analysis, plus content designed exclusively for CompTIA AITP members. Currently we have more than 30 handpicked research reports – career resources reports (17) and IT research reports (16). These reports were selected from CompTIA’s expansive library specifically for CompTIA AITP members. Throughout the year, we update and add to these reports from more than 500 research reports, guides and educational resources. We are also working to develop original reports specifically for CompTIA AITP members. (Note: If you go to the CompTIA site at www.comptia.org you can register as a free member and get access to hundreds of additional reports).
Strengthen your curriculum with IT research and insight that provides immediate direction on IT industry trends: Explore All IT Research
- Events and Webinars: Live and virtual events covering current topics and industry trends and supporting industry networking.
- IT Insights: Weekly Newsletter covering hot topics in the industry
- Coming! – AskIT: The new volunteer-based, on-demand support service from CompTIA that gives you the opportunity to gain relevant IT work experience and build your career profile by participating as a support technician.
CAREER SERVICES (members only)
- TechTalent powered by CompTIA: A members-only benefit to find, post or research aggregated job data and trends.
- An Online Resume Builder that includes a career path roadmap.
- Career Resources and IT Research – Take charge of your career with prescriptive job coaching advice for IT pros. Get actionable tips to use today, tools to get you closer to a leadership role and advice from experts. Actionable career tools and IT research from CompTIA’s library, hand-selected for CompTIA AITP members.
Take charge of your career with these resources and more: Explore all Career Resources
- Job search and interview best practices to assist you in finding the best job for you, and land it – like the rock star you are!
REWARDS PROGRAM (members only)
Click Here to go to the National site benefits page. This page will open in a new tab (or window) so that you can easily return to the AITP Chicago site by simply closing the tab (or window). These are member only benefits. Non-members will be able to learn more about each benefit. Members can login on the National site and get access to each of the benefits.
Plus You Still Get All of the Benefits Unique to AITP Chicago’s Members and Friends
CompTIA AITP Chicago focuses on helping technology professionals enhance their careers and strengthen the technology community by promoting networking, knowledge sharing, education, skill building and collaboration.
Events and Activities – Learn, Network and Find Mentors
CompTIA AITP Chicago serves the area’s community of technology professionals with:
- Quarterly Chapter Meetings – Presentations by C-level executives and industry experts covering hot topics and allowing members and their guests to network and share information.
- Shared Interest Groups – Our SIGs allow smaller groups to dive deeper into specific technology areas. These groups each meet 4 times per year and meetings can feature roundtable discussions focusing on solving member problems or provide presentations addressing specific areas of concern. There will be 1-3 SIG meetings during each month where there is no Chapter meeting. Some meetings may be joint meetings with other SIGs or with partner associations such as PMI or ISSAor ISSA.
- Current SIGs include:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Big Data/Analytics
- Office of the CIO – Technology Trends
- SIGs planned include:
- Current SIGs include:
- Recognition Awards – We host three awards competitions to recognize Chicago area leaders that have used technology to provide extraordinary benefit to their organizations. Nominees for these awards go through a serious vetting process and are judged by a panel of their peers. peers.
- CIO of the Year Award – Co-sponsored by the Executives Club of Chicago, AITP Chicago and SIM Chicago.
- Most Effective Technology Team of the Year Award – This award is for the direct reports of the CIO and is sponsored by AITP Chicago.
- CISO of the Year Award – Co-Sponsored by AITP Chicago, ISSA Chicago, ISACA Chicago, InfraGard Chicago and SIM Chicago.